Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunshine and Quiet

Well, this was no mummy vacation like I've talked about previously, but it felt just as good, even if it was only for a few hours.

I've been lacking a little bit of me time of late. Patience levels were slipping. I was tired of the mundane day to day. The cleaning, the craft activities, the playing, the cooking. Everything and everyone was just annoying me a little more than they should.

With my husband home on holidays I made my escape. An afternoon at the pool, all on my lonesome. Divine. Just me, my beach towel, the sun, the pool and a good magazine. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a peaceful, slow swim on my own. No children, no pool noodles, no floaties. In fact no flotation devices at all. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like.

The only thing I was missing. A colourful drink with an umbrella in it. Maybe next time! Hope you're managing to squeeze in a little rest and relaxation before the start of the new year x








1 comment:

  1. We all deserve a little me time every now and then! I am glad you enjoyed yours. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...